Dudley Cistern

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I've just replaced a cistern, not an easy feet for me but seemed to go ok.
I swapped a Dudley for a Dudley Vantage. No leaks but when I flush the water fills really slowly, like it would probably take 10 minutes to fill or longer.

But if I knock the assembly on the left (the bits with the long plastic shoot that the water runs down) the water shoots out at an acceptable speed. And once its flowing, if I flush before it shuts off, it fills correctly again and again, but once it shuts off, the next time you flush it runs very slowly, a trickle but you can then nudge the assembly and it will start to flow again.

Any ideas as to what i touch/move to fix it.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Update...seems to not fill most times now, but nudging the assembly will make it work.
But now I removed the restrictor from the inlet (the last cistern had one) and the extra presure seems to push through so much faster and does flush. I dont need to nudge the assembly with the restricor out.

The feed is from the mains about 2 metres away, does it matter if I leave it without the restrictor in ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back