Dudley Toilet rim jets?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The toilet doesnt flush proply. I've googled and read about rim jets. But using a mirror i only see one big jet
as in the picture. Difficult getting pic with mirror but can't see any more holes. Should i concentrate on that one in pic and poke a rod or something in it. Or should there be more jets.
IMG_20220606_202725531.jpg
IMG_20220606_202725531.jpg

Sponsored Links
1st off get under there and clean around the rim with a cloth and some bleach. Flush the toilet and watch the water run, does it wash down the sides and front and well as out of that hole?

Once cleaned properly you can run your fingers around and you will feel if there are any other holes. Sometimes there's just a ledge all the way around the rim and the water spills over that.

Will do that tonight. Ta. I think it's that ledge you mention. Will bleach over night if it's stubborn.

First bleach cleaning has made a difference, The water is coming out of all areas now particularly the front where you stand. More of a gush. Pretty sure now it throws water arround the ledge. There is definately no more jets on sides. But next to that jet in first pics i posted is two more jets either side. I managed to get better look with mirror and attatch new pic but it would be really difficult to get a cleaning prod of any sort up there.. New pic might not be that good but they are to side of the obvious one. I poured bleach into top cistern to. Anything stronger than bleach to recomend , scrubbing hard doesnt remove hard stuff
1654630310570.jpeg

This is the cistern top below. Could it add to the benefit of the bleach clean to have more water in it. Which things would i turn for it to be higher.
1654630989583.jpeg

Sponsored Links
No no no, don't put bleach into the cistern and let it sit, it will attack the plastic and seals, flush the toilet many times to clear that out.

Made sure bleach is out of the cistern. Reflushed lots yesterday and reflushed lots again tonight.
Cleaning that ledge has made more of a heavy flush from the front. But still doesnt flush the poops. Only adding pan of water at same time of flushing clears it. No pics available.
From above pictures of cistern what would i need to turn to lift ballcock higher and have more water forcing down into toilet.

Did this flush the number 2's properly prior to this?

Has the water level in the cistern dropped and does the full contents of the cistern empty when it's flushed?

Its a downstairs toilet. Can't quite remember its history but i think its always struggled and was about a year ago we said number 1 only.
Upstairs no probs at all.
But just measured water level in cistern when flushing and it does not does not fully empty. Two inches plus left and then starts refilling.
Checked the one upstairs and it completeley empties whole cistern.

Check the flush pipe between cistern and toilet, also while it's off check the entry point in the pan.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back