Dufalite Clayboard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well, yet another material I haven't heard of has been used in our 1990 house...

Speaking to the neighbour yesterday, this stuff has been used under our 200mm thick garage floor slab to protect against clay heave.
Do you think it will have been used under the other floors in the house?
We are planning an extension to the side and rear, should we use this under our slab?
If building on the existing slab (garage) I'm assuming my new finished floor will consist of insulation a DPM and a screed and not much else? am I right?
Waiting for my structural engineer to call so I can let him know what I found out!

Sponsored Links
Speaking to the neighbour yesterday, this stuff has been used under our 200mm thick garage floor slab to protect against clay heave.
Do you think it will have been used under the other floors in the house?
If you've got RC floors in the rest of the house then almost certainly, yes.
We are planning an extension to the side and rear, should we use this under our slab?
If you are planning to use an RC slab, then yes.
If building on the existing slab (garage) I'm assuming my new finished floor will consist of insulation a DPM and a screed and not much else? am I right?
Yes, along with any floor finishes you are planning. Also hope that your SE is happy that the increase in floor load isn't an issue.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back