dulux once over wallpaper?? what a mess

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there have just papered a nursery the paper went up badly and so we decided to paint straight over and use it as a lining. Well...... I thought Dulux once would be the way to go but it has left an awful patchy finish, bit like suede and it looks awful
My question is what shall i do? Shall I repaint and just use the regular matt will that repair the mess??

h-e-l-p :cry:

Sponsored Links
You'll only chuck good money and time after bad. Line it and try again.

oh bl...y hell I was hoping for a quicker fix than that......oh well may as well strip it and start over if that's the only solution thanks Joe

Steer clear of 'one-coat' paint..Theres no such thing :evil:
If the paper hasnt lifted then It could be worth trying a sample area with some quality vinyl-matt

Sponsored Links
thanks for that
i was hoping that there maybe a quicker solution. The paper is fixed fast there are no signs of any lifting it barely even bubbles when painted. I will get a pot of Dulux matt in same colour and give it a go.
Why does Once do this??

You say it looked like 'suede' in patches ?-That sounds like there may have been some paste residue on the walls reacting with the emulsion, how soon after papering did you decide to paint over it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back