dulux once

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello Everyone
I have painted my daughters bedroom with dulux once matt white emulsion. The original paint was a silk paint. It has now dried and become cracked and crazed as if it has reacted in some way to the paint underneath. Does anyone know what to do about this?
thanks
Phil

Sponsored Links
That Once paint should be taken off the market, its awful stuff, whenever I have had to use cause a client bought it, I have always watered it down, as it becomes a nightmare using it from the tub.

Back to your dilema...

Did you give the existing silk a really good rub down before you applied the Once?

You can go out and buy some soft sheen paint, and put that over the matt, but i would still slightly water it down.
leave it for a day or so, then apply your ordinary matt, if you decide to use the Once :rolleyes: , then water it down.

Or, get some oilbased undercoat, add some white spirit to thin it down, and makes it easier for you to roll.
Apply that on the walls, again wait a day or so, then use your matt.

Both methods work, I have done both a good few times, so you will have no probs. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back