Dulux Plaster Sealer and Rich Matt on skimmed walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everybody, this may have been raised already but I couldn't see it.

ok I've had my walls newly skimmed and I've popped one coat of Dulux Plaster sealer on top. Its currently drying as I type. My query is I've got some Ivory Lace Dulux rich matt emulsion paint and was wondering if its ok to paint this on when it drys? I've heard that rich matt can be a tricky customer and may cause problems later? does anybody know if it'll be fine after using dulux plaster sealer? it does say on the tin that this is the correct painting method? If you can do you need to dilute the first emultion coat? If so what sort of consistency am I looking at say 10%.

Many thanks everybody this site has been my savour.

Sponsored Links
Never used plaster sealer (I always mist-coat) but I would suggest that you'll want a couple of coats of contract emulsion before you put up the finished colour to ensure the plaster is fully sealed and give it a good, even colour - no point putting the expensive paint where you can't see it!

I'd go in about 20% on your first coat and 10% on the second. I would still be inclined to dilute your rich matt by about 10% as this will help the flow and prevent roller marks.

Sponsored Links
thanks 54aardvark,

in the end I used a first coat mix of around 10% worked great and the room looks top notch.

Thanks again,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back