Durgo or Drains

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Last couple of days there's been a smell coming from the Bath & sink plugholes after water has been run through the pipes. The bathroom has a durgo valve fitted above cistern level and not completely concealed. When I lifted the drain cover outside there wasn't really a bad smell until I flushed water down it and several seconds later the smell came wafting back.

Is the smell wafting back up the drains normal and the Durgo not dealing with it or more of a drainage problem?

Thanks for any advice

Gareth

Sponsored Links
The Durgo valve should prevent siphoning the bath/sink traps by letting air enter the system so it may just have stuck. How is the loo/bath/sink connected to the drainage system? Did the water flow away freely outside when you flushed the system through? I assume you have at least one other “open” vent on the drain system?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back