Dusk to Dawn Sensor - I want to add one!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,
I have 3 outside lights on one switch. I would like to put a 'dawn to dusk' sensor on so that they would come on and off automatically and at the same time....I think then it needs to be connected to the switch.
The switch is on a 4-way block so not so easily replaced.

Any idea where I can get a sensor that will wire into the existing switch???

All help (or alternative ideas) appreciated...thanks.

Sponsored Links
Any dusk to dawn sensor could be used. You can ones that will replace the switch itself (no good if the switch is inside, mind you!)

You do not have to cancel the switch, you leave it as is and connect the sensor to the existing configuration.
I must agree that a 'dawn to dusk' sensor inside the house will not meet your need... :confused:

Sponsored Links
If using one in the switch need to be careful with the positioning of switch - if you have a choice. Experience shows that you're better off with a decent photocell mounted outdoors. Doesn't matter if you leave the curtains closed then.

Thanks all...so do you recommend any particular sensor for mounting outside?

I have 3 lamps and plan to put low energy bulbs in them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back