Duuo Trailer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have had a small Duuo trailer for years and although I'm not always using it, it has proved time and again to be worth its weight in gold; however, I have had an ongoing problem with it - the lights.

Due to its light weight it is thrown around quite violently, especially when empty and I have spent a good deal of money replacing the lights. I have tried everything from new Duuo lights to lights from eBay and even those from a trailer light board, but nothing seems able to maintain good light connections.

My enquiries lead me to believe that LED trailer lights set in rubber (to absorb shock) are the ones to have. However, before I commit I would be grateful for any advice, particularly from anybody who has had this problem and found a solution.

Thanks

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Yep, I'd go for that.....the big enemies are water ingress and the corrosion that goes with it.
Typical lighting units are the ultimate oriental horror and they never last for long.
John :)

Thanks for that John can you recommend a make or the best place to get the more reliable, longer lasting lights?

I think I should say that it's not the expense to keep the lights working that is the main problem (although I'm not made of money) no, it's the lawmen. It has happened twice now. I've been making my way home after shifting somebody's stuff when I've been pulled over by the police and had to endure some snotty-nose kid giving me a lecture on how one or more of the trailer lights is not working and waning me: "I'll let you off this time, but if I catch you again I'll do you". :mad:

Ed

I usually pop down to an Indespention outlet - conventienly there's one nearby which is handy.
Some of the prices are a bit extreme I find, so ebay would probably be my choice if I was the one having to pay!
John :)

Sponsored Links
Thanks again John. I appreciate you taking the time.
Ed.

Back