Power to a trailer?

One thing I thought of - ColJack's idea of a channel to the trailers, but at the trailers, dig out a manhole about a foot deep and fit a socket in there. You'd need some form of drainage and cable access though.

I already said that...

Me said:
another option would be something similar to what they have at airports for the planes.. a hook up in the ground.. but then you're talking silly money..
http://www.airport-technology.com/contractors/groundequipment/combi_box/combi_box1.html
new1.jpg

granted this is a stand hookup for an airplane but same idea...

Sponsored Links
try a drive round some of the large supermarkets and see if you can see what their set up in in the loading bays.. they often have extra fridge trucks around x-mas times.

The larger Tescos have 5pin 32 amp red w/proof isolater/sockets permenently wired in swa, mounted all year round on the walls.
Some are Rcd supplied at the source, but the trailers are linked to the store monitoring, so a power loss would trigger an alarm signal.
The rented trailer lorry comes at xmas complete with a 5 core rubber type flex about 6mm cores, with Male and female ends on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back