Dyno rod nightmare

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok so I was at one of my rental properties last Thur and the tank started leaking int he loft ( F N E). I opened the cold tap on the bath isolated the main and put my hand on the hole on the old steel tank till the water level went below the hole. I then got some of the old sawduct around the tank and got the water up. Luckily there was only a tiny water stain on the ceiling.

Dyno rod came out and decided not to touch the original tank and place a new plastic one in the corner of loft. Then the job got booked in.

The plumber came today on his own and decided to move the old tank off its platform and place the new plastic tank on this platform.

Anyway after he had gone I noticed the ceiling in the bedroom below was completely covered in a brown stain and there was a crack across ceiling.

I got up to look and the old stainless tank had cracked what he has moved and he has tried to soak the insulation up with my insulation. There is now no insulation where the tank is and the tank is just on the joists left there still with abit of residue in

I have complained to them and they sent someone out who said it it because the tank has got cracked as they moved it. Then after I phoned up they are changing there story to pre exisiting damage.

I have complaied to BG and am waiting to hear fromt hem.

Anyone got any advice if they do not budge. I have photos of how they have just left the old tank on the beam rusty with abit of water in ?

Sponsored Links
If they don't budge post the pics here and e Mail the CEO of Centrica.;)

why would anyone in ther right mind call Dyna-Rod or any of the big roddin robbin rooterin firms - do you have a contract with them??whats wrong with a local plumber?

anyhow, so you left the galvanised metal c/w storage tank in position on the platform?
you left it with water level below the hole?
Dyna-Rod removed the metal tank to a corner of the loft an left it sittin on the ceiling rafters?

somehow the galv tank has been cracked since you last saw it an rusty residue water has leaked through the ceiling below the platform - thers also now a crack in the ceiling that you have not seen before?
did you watch all this happenin?

small redundant galv tanks are typically removed from the loft.
after discussion, larger tanks are sometimes cut in two an removed.
any redundant tank or pipework is typicaly drained.

before work started did you talk about what Dyna were goin to do?

postin photos might help - do you have before an after photos?

If they don't budge post the pics here and e Mail the CEO of Centrica.;)
Im absolutely fuming, the state the way they have left the loft. the lad who came out today after I complained said 2 Yer it cracked and damaged ceiling", they on phone denied it . Obviously spoke to his boss who wont talk to you.

Told me on phone they had all pictures before and after the job. I asked them to email me them. Surprise surprise they only sent the one before they started.

Sponsored Links
How much did they charge you?

Andy
I have British Gas insurance and the lad they they had charge them £750 to change tank . Plus all the callout they have had which is there fourth visit. Their jokes .

Admitting it in property when I was there then hiding behind a phone . Joke of a company .

why would anyone in ther right mind call Dyna-Rod or any of the big roddin robbin rooterin firms - do you have a contract with them??whats wrong with a local plumber?

anyhow, so you left the galvanised metal c/w storage tank in position on the platform? Correct
you left it with water level below the hole? Yes it was isoalted by them last Thursday
Dyna-Rod removed the metal tank to a corner of the loft an left it sittin on the ceiling rafters? Moved into middle of loft

somehow the galv tank has been cracked since you last saw it an rusty residue water has leaked through the ceiling below the platform - thers also now a crack in the ceiling that you have not seen before?
did you watch all this happenin?

It has cracked as it leaked on ceiling where he has placed it and cracked ceiling. I never seen as it in bedroom . He shut loft hatch removed ladders said its done and went . I then walked in bedroom and seen the damage.

small redundant galv tanks are typically removed from the loft.
after discussion, larger tanks are sometimes cut in two an removed.
any redundant tank or pipework is typicaly drained.

before work started did you talk about what Dyna were goin to do? Yes they told me they was not moving old tank and they was placing a plastic new one in corner and re piping as they did not want to touch old one. The plumber come and decided off his own accord to move it and place new one in same place.

postin photos might help - do you have before an after photos?

Picture below is before. Only got a video of after.

Attachments

• Tank.jpg
    Tank.jpg
    252.4 KB · Views: 243
This picture is ceiling after . The tank in previous picture is now moved right above this mark with all insulation just last and on rafter

Attachments

• ceiling.jpg
    ceiling.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 193
Your lucky you were covered, I would class that as wear and tear.

Andy

I give them 2.5k a year on properties . Im not feeling so lucky there was no mark before today . He has moved a tank what was drained and isolated with abit of dirty water in and decided to drop it on the rafters . he then dragged all the insualtion from under it to try and dry it and left the loft a mess.

He done this after me getting explained a new tank will just be getting installed in another place in the loft

I give them 2.5k a year on properties . Im not feeling so lucky there was no mark before today . He has moved a tank what was drained and isolated with abit of dirty water in and decided to drop it on the rafters . he then dragged all the insualtion from under it to try and dry it and left the loft a mess.

He done this after me getting explained a new tank will just be getting installed in another place in the loft

Its also more the state they have left the loft ,

This is the tank now which was not ment to get moved. Its still got dirty water in and the bottom is gone with moving it weeping that dirty water all over the ceiling. Exactly where the mark is. This was not there before job started !

Attachments

• Tank 2.jpg
    Tank 2.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 195
This corner was cleaned and they bought 2 small tanks and was ment to install them here. The plumber decided not to do this and move tank causing damage .

Attachments

• Corner.jpg
    Corner.jpg
    230.4 KB · Views: 173
That is a door, is it a solid door? or an egg cartoon filled? If so then it would not of being strong enough to hold any tank.

Did you remove the insulation or is there none in the loft.

Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back