Cold water storage platform

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

is there any legislation or anything to state a CWST in a loft needs to be ion a platform. I had insurance work done and they have removed the old tank and left it on 3 x 2 beams and its cracked leaking the remain of the tank in.

I need abit of proof to say you cannot leave a heavy tank not on a platform.

Much appreciated

Sponsored Links
If full of water, definitely needs to be on platform to spread the load, or the tank will fail because load is concentrated on too small an area. Also needs to be in area with some kind of solid support underneath, ie. top of walls or other substantial structure. Lot of weight in a full tank. Each litre is a Kg.

If full of water, definitely needs to be on platform to spread the load, or the tank will fail because load is concentrated on too small an area. Also needs to be in area with some kind of solid support underneath, ie. top of walls or other substantial structure. Lot of weight in a full tank. Each litre is a Kg.
Its not full of water but this is how they have left it and it cracked the ceiling below . ( Dyno Rod).

Attachments

• Loft after Adam came out on 12th After recall.png
    Loft after Adam came out on 12th After recall.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 296
Sponsored Links
Furry muff. :D.

In short with your old cistern. There is no requirement for it to be on a platform other than common sense dictating that the residual water shouldn't be a risk and the weight is spread across enough area to not cause a sag in the ceiling.

The new tank needs to be on a platform that is larger than the footprint of the cistern and is covered by the manufacturer instructions and IIRC the building regs.

diycooper didnt the dyno technician say they would not remove the old tank but sit it on an old door laying on your loft floor,Think you disagreed thou :!:

diycooper didnt the dyno technician say they would not remove the old tank but sit it on an old door laying on your loft floor,Think you disagreed thou :!:
They was not ment to remove the old tank. They was ment to install new in a separate area of the loft. Engineer decided to move it on own with water in and the base of it crack leaking on ceiling below causing a brown stain. Also moved all the insulation in the loft to put it there.

Hello

is there any legislation or anything to state a CWST in a loft needs to be ion a platform. I had insurance work done and they have removed the old tank and left it on 3 x 2 beams and its cracked leaking the remain of the tank in.

I need abit of proof to say you cannot leave a heavy tank not on a platform.

Much appreciated

A photograph of the cistern from above and the damp patch below should be proof enough.

The problem is how they left the insulation and moved it with water it and it leaked on my ceiling below .

Get 3 estimates to rectify any fault/damage you think dyno left you with,if they refuse to accept your claim ask them if they are in a Alternative dispute resolution scheme,if yes contact their adr scheme. If they are not in an adr scheme then its a mediation service or the small claims court :idea:

(y)

Granted. So what is the direction of this thread?
Dyno rod are trying to get out of it. They said they never moved tank then I prooved they did . They then said then moved it on second visit not first. Trying everything they can to get out of it. they have damage my ceiling and loft. I need to proove they are liable

A photograph of the cistern from above and the damp patch below should be proof enough.
I have give them this. Centica are still saying its not off the tank . they wont even send someone out. I am telling them if they come the property they would clearly see. Then then said to me where not gonna come out where on Dyno Rods side. Where there insurer. Funny as BG said they listen to both sidesl. I knew it was never gonna be like that !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back