Dyno rod nightmare

Status
Not open for further replies.
you would leave an old metal rusting out an possibly leakin tank alone - not touched it?
the OP's tank was leakin.
galvy tanks if they are not rustin out now will begin to leak sooner than later. they have to be dealt with not swerved around.

we have no problems removein small tanks an get paid for removin big ones.

They told me they was not moving it. It was not leaki g after drained. There was a little bit of detriment in bottom. They lifted tank up and dropped it on ceiling joist. The bottom then cracked and leaked.

It should of very least been wet faced out and then two lads lift it onto a sheet of ply.

Not one lar living it with a hole in side with water in. And creating damage.

Sponsored Links
that tank would not have fitted through the average loft hatch opening - it would need cuttin in two.
tanks in lofts are cut with angle grinders or jig saws all the time - no H&S issues?
we cut RSJ's in lofts if it suits.

the tank should have been dried out with a sponge into a bucket - why drag a vacuum up to the loft?
the bottom of a tank in that state would have had maybe 80yrs of condensation and would crumble when moved - any experienced plumber would now that.

thetwo new plastic tanks should be linked to provide a single supply.

the old door would be fine as a platform but tucked into the eaves it would have been a bad drafty position for tanks.

you should refill more insulation on the joists an the nnew plumbing but no insulation under the platform.

is that central platform supported off the joists?it should be or it will be a dead weight bulging the ceiling

Exactly. Spot on.

Dyno Rod would not be covered by their insurance to cut up a galvanized tank with an angle grinder in a loft.

Andy

Dyno Rod would not be covered by their insurance to cut up a galvanized tank with an angle grinder in a loft.

Andy
Possible not, but they also should not of left the tank like this leaking over my ceiling with the insulation all threw and wet.

Attachments

• Tank 2.jpg
    Tank 2.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 75
Sponsored Links
first you say its a H&S issue now you say its an insurance issue?
i suggestd two ways to cut the tank - a/grinder or jig saw.
Dyna-rod are plumbers so flame in lofts must presumgly be allowed - so how do you now if Dyna-rod insurance says no tank cuttin with angle grinder ?

Dyna-rod are plumbers so flame in lofts must presumgly be allowed - so how do you now if Dyna-rod insurance says no tank cuttin with angle grinder ?

Are you asking me or someone else ?

Someone else im guessing mate ?

Are you saying h&s and insurance have no bearing on each other? Galvanised tanks give off all sorts of crap when cut with a grinder.

They should have dried the tank and carefully tucked it in the corner. If it takes two men, then they should have sent two men. It is no more complicated than that.

A LOT of firms do not allow flames in lofts, Including Cadent and British Gas. Do BG still own DynoRod? If so, they are probably barred as well

Got all the photos and disclaimers off DR today after alot of hard work. They will not be able to get out of it I do not think. They have given photos of my loft before and after and its a mess and prooves what they have left it like.

Surprise surprise they have lost the photos or do not have them from their first visit of the ceiling.

Also the last disclaimer states what the plumber filled in who fitted the tank:

Replaced cwst in loft and tested and advised water possibly dripping through ceiling from old leak on tank. Removed as much water as possible.

Then there a picture of the tank with rusty water in left in middle of loft with all insulation a mess.

Ok why would I let him leave with POSSIBLY water dripping through my ceiling.

It also stated on first disclamer from the 6th Sept small water stain . Then on 12 th after they done job damage to ceiling . Unbelievable.

Last edited:
dycooper, were you informed on 6 sept of the small stain ?
when was the cracked ceilin first mentioned by D/R - thats if they mentioned it or photoed it at all?
are D/R's photos timed an dated?

yousay first disclaimer - was ther more disclaimers?

if you lift the tank an look at the bottom youl see its rusted out.

BG owns Dyno Rod.

Dyno-Rod sold to British Gas for £57m

Andy
Thats news to me thanks
dycooper, were you informed on 6 sept of the small stain ?
when was the cracked ceilin first mentioned by D/R - thats if they mentioned it or photoed it at all?
are D/R's photos timed an dated?

yousay first disclaimer - was ther more disclaimers?

if you lift the tank an look at the bottom youl see its rusted out.

Yes I was informed about small stain. Crack has not been mentioned anywhere or photos take . DR have sent photos on a pdf so I cannot get the dates off.

Tank is all rusted out left where stain and crack is directly below.

Photos are not time and date stamped

Attachments

• Tank 2.jpg
    Tank 2.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 83
  • ceiling.jpg
    ceiling.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Thats news to me thanks

Yes I was informed about small stain. This was on first visit. Water should not be pouring through ceiling on second visit with damage changed from small stain to ceiling damage and possible pouring of water from old tank.
Crack has not been mentioned anywhere or photos take . DR have sent photos on a pdf so I cannot get the dates off.

Tank is all rusted out left where stain and crack is directly below.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back