E-mail message notifications?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
For at least the last two or three days, I've not received any e-mail notifications of new posts to threads I am 'subscribed' to (primary those to which I have posted).

Is anyone else experiencing this, or is it something specific to me that I need to try to get sorted?

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
I don't subscribe but on another note, I have noticed a great deal of the images on the Wiki don't display now.

I don't subscribe but on another note, I have noticed a great deal of the images on the Wiki don't display now.
Ah, you too? I assumed This was due to my lack of software for some formats.

Ah, you too? I assumed This was due to my lack of software for some formats.
Can one or both of you give me a few examples of images you're having problems with? I just had a look around the Wiki at random and didn't find any images which don't display for me.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
lighting diagrams, first image I see is post#5 of the 2G switch.

lighting diagrams, first image I see is post#5 of the 2G switch.
That's not the Wiki - it's the ('locked') 'Wiring Diagrams for Lighting Circuits' thread which has been essentially 'obsolete and broken' (with 'broken' images, for all of us) for years (as you will see, the last post was in 2011).

Kind Regards', John

That's not the Wiki - it's the ('locked') 'Wiring Diagrams for Lighting Circuits' thread which has been essentially 'obsolete and broken' (with 'broken' images, for all of us) for years (as you will see, the last post was in 2011).

Kind Regards', John
I did wonder as I noticed those a while ago, but I have seen several new posts in very recent times with unviewable pics.

I did wonder as I noticed those a while ago, but I have seen several new posts in very recent times with unviewable pics.
Yes, many of us have that problem occasionally, and it seems to happen for a variety of reasons.

However, none of this helps me to know if any others, like me, have stopped getting e-mail notifications of new posts in 'watched' threads. Anyone else?

Kind Regards, John

Yes, many of us have that problem occasionally, and it seems to happen for a variety of reasons.

However, none of this helps me to know if any others, like me, have stopped getting e-mail notifications of new posts in 'watched' threads. Anyone else?

Kind Regards, John
I haven't noticed any missing and just looked at emails to see 3 since 12:22, I seem to be OK.

Sorry John it is indeed the Lighting Diagrams rather than Wiki. Someone needs to put in images hosted somewhere else.

Sorry John it is indeed the Lighting Diagrams rather than Wiki. Someone needs to put in images hosted somewhere else.
Yes, that's what would be needed. However, as I said, that 'sticky thread' was essentially 'abandoned' (and certainly 'locked') nearly 10 years ago, so I'm not sure why they didn't just get rid of it!

Kind Regards, John

John - Reply to my post in tilling, and I'll tell you if mine are working :)
I will, but why is not this reply just as good? i.e. don't you automatically 'watch' threads to which you post vin this forum?

Kind Regards, John

Yeap it works

No. I only tend to watch threads when i am requesting info.

Or the topic is of good reference

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back