E-mail message notifications?

Yeap it works
Thanks.
No. I only tend to watch threads when i am requesting info. Or the topic is of good reference
Oh, fair enough. I have things configured so that I automatically 'watch' any thread I post to, so I rather assumed that's what most people do.

I sent an e-mail to admin about this a couple of days ago, but have not yet had any reply.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
That's not the Wiki - it's the ('locked') 'Wiring Diagrams for Lighting Circuits' thread which has been essentially 'obsolete and broken' (with 'broken' images, for all of us) for years (as you will see, the last post was in 2011).

Kind Regards', John

I wasn’t aware of this issue.

I think it might be due to many of the images being hosted on photobucket from the days of old, and possibly links which didn’t transfer properly from the old forum software.

I believe many of the images are still available in the wiki, so when I get some free time I will copy these images, upload them to the DIYnot server and edit them back into the posts in the sticky.

I’m not sure why you aren’t receiving notifications. I will mention this to admin and get him to take a look.

Sponsored Links
I wasn’t aware of this issue. ... I think it might be due to many of the images being hosted on photobucket from the days of old, and possibly links which didn’t transfer properly from the old forum software. .... I believe many of the images are still available in the wiki, so when I get some free time I will copy these images, upload them to the DIYnot server and edit them back into the posts in the sticky.
Thanks. However, as I've said, I think that sticky is pretty obsolete (and is largely duplication in the Wiki) and I recall that BAS, and others, more than once called for it to be removed (and anything 'unique' in it transferred into the Wiki). It does seem odd that this one 'topic' was given an existence of its own, rather than just being with everything else in the Wiki.
I’m not sure why you aren’t receiving notifications. I will mention this to admin and get him to take a look.
Thanks. As I have said, I e-mailed admin a couple of days ago, but have yet to have a response.

Others don't seem to be experiencing the same, so I suspect that the problem is specifically in relation to sending e-mails to me. My ISPs spam filter used to have a habit of sending 'bounce' messages to senders, suggesting that a message 'could not be delivered' to me (whereas it had actually just been put temporarily into 'quarantine') - and automated systems (including my bank's, one one occasion) sometimes stopped trying to send me e-mails when it got those bounce messages. I thought I had put a stop to that behaviour, but maybe it has recurred.

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back