E3 message on Belling IDW 604 dishwasher

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am getting an E3 error message flashing up each time I try to commence a wash cycle. There is also no hot water coming into the machine. Anyone have any ideas on what could be wrong?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
This appliance is actually made by a company called Midea

The E3 fault is to do with insufficient water pressure through the heating tube. This could be caused by a water level pressure switch or the Flow pressure switch.

Inside the wash cavity, underneath the flap that opens for the soap dispenser there is a raised section where the soap tablet would fall onto. The water level, when its finished filling and you hear the wash motor start to surge, should be at least at the same level as this raised metal section or possibly just covering it. If it isnt then there will be insufficient water to open the flow pressure switch that is inline with the heater tube.

The heater tube is accesible by removing the side panels and is a cylindrical piece of grey metal

http://www.espares.co.uk/part/dishw.../1404106/920055/dishwasher-heating-elemen.htm

dishwasher-heating-elemen.html

Try adding more water manually when you hear the Soap dispenser flap open so that it is a couple of millimetres above the raised metal section and then let is run for 5 minutes, open the door and feel the temperature of the water. If it is now heating then you will need a water level pressure switch, if it isn't heating then most likely you will need a flow pressure switch. It is extremely unlikely the element is faulty, you would however need a multimeter to check this.

The water level pressure switch
http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&so...ql9dez3IFVHacuvwzWKib8rg&ust=1362244883527285

is accessible by removing the right hand side panel as you look at it from the pump. There are two pressure switches there, one for an overfill and one for the normal water level control. (If memory serves me correctly the water level is the closest one to the front, they both look very similar)

The flow pressure switch
Link is not the actual switch but physically the closest piscture i could find that resembles it)
http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=Be...63&page=3&tbnh=76&tbnw=64&ndsp=68&tx=29&ty=33

is fitted in a black rubber pipe that is connected to the heater tube and is a swine to get good access too. An experienced engineer can swap this over by removing the lower rear panel, otherwise the diswasher has to be tirned upside down and the base removed

So to summarise, quick test, add more water at the point when the soap dispenser flap opens, this is the point where the heating element comes on

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back