e7 white meter heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys great site. great info. just a quick question i have a horsemann e7 white meter heating system which has been fine until today the water is bearly heating up at the control panel the timer seems to be turning very very slow dont know if this is the reason any help apprecited :(

Sponsored Links
there should be an override switch on the controller, press that and have someone check the electric meter, if that starts to turn faster circuit is ok and trouble with the timer. See how you go from here.

were would i find the override switch and is it possible that the timer dial could be goosed hence why there is luke warm water and do you know were i can get control box if it is done

if its the round type its the red button on the side of the unit, if its the oblong type it should be on the front of the unit. Could very well be timeclock only letting circuit on for a short time, that is how i suggested the override, this will fully test the operation of the circuit without getting any test equipment out. Cheers, Marty

Sponsored Links
hi marty its the rectangle shaped box it has a round timer dial a boost dial and timer switch that can be selected on or off cant see override though

the boost is the override so select boost and see if the circuit draws current

Ah got you sorry not clued up on this sort of thing the boost functions fine so i guess it must be the timer dial thats gubbed it is turning but very very slow

if I understand you correctly the issue is with your timer that you select the time to energise the off peak tariff that always has a override/boost option should you need extra hot water outwith off peak times that will be charged at day rate. If the suspected fault is with the supply authoritys timer then that is sealed and you will have to get them out to change it. Hope this is clearer now. Regards.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back