EAL Domestic Installer Scheme

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone please advise a college/training center etc. which offers the above in Portsmouth or somewhere else in Hants?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the tips guys, but have already tried phoning round and searching the websites. It can be bloody hard work. On the phone you get a receptionist with a lovely voice who would really love to help, "but theres no-one from the electrical department in today, and could you ring back next week..."
And most of the websites either haven't been updated yet, are experiencing technical difficulties, or don't list their courses. Of course you can send off for a prospectus, or "Try ringing our receptionist" (with a lovely voice who would really love to help.)
Anyway, I have now rung EAL themselves, and spoke to their lovely voiced receptionist, who in this case really could help. It turns out the same place I did my 2391 and 2400 also does the above.
So yet again I will be getting my school satchel out, putting my thinking cap on, and hoping the bigger boys don't steal my dinner money.
Thanks again, TS.

Sponsored Links
Trainee Spark. Before you enroll and spend £700 or whatever it is, I spoke to EAL about the Domestic installers scheme. The chap I spoke to informed me that because I have 2360,2381 and 2391 certs I don't need to do the course. He suggested speaking to the NIC. I'm assuming because you already have 2391 you've got the other bits and pieces and like me maybe need bringing up to scratch on building regs. Hope this helps.
John :D

If you've got 2391 & 2400, why do you want to do the EAL DI course?

If registering with a Competent Person scheme is your goal, why not just get 2381 and then you're home & dry...

Thanks John and Ban for the help. Yes I do already have my 236 and 16TH (but it was 1995 when I did it so was still 2380 and not 2381 but think that should be ok.)
To be honest I don't actually want to do the EAL DI course, but just sit the exam, which I heard is possible. Really it is just a bit urge overkill. It has been a long while since I did any real domestics (except for P.J's) and just wanna check that I am still conversant with it all before doing part P. I am sure I should be fine, but I just wanna cross all the I's and dot all the T's.
Cheers again, TS.

trainee, i looked into this a couple of months ago and i got a list of the colleges country wide that are doing it. if you go to my website and e-mail me from there ill send it to you. alternativly give them a ring

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back