Who's done the Part P Level 2 Certificate for Domestic Elect

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
EAL Level 2 Certificate for Domestic Electrical Installers

Anyone on here done this yet?

If anyone has could you give a step by step on what happened on the course and such please

Thanks in advance guys

Sponsored Links
I've not sat the exams etc but I'm a training coordinator for a company that runs the course.
It consists of 17 modules, 12 of them are practical assessments and you've got to pass them all. The theory exams consists of various multiple choice, one sat on-line on the EAL website and a couple of written ones.
It basically covers; bonding, cable installation, how to use test instruments and use of the regulations etc.
If you can wait til' Monday evening I can obtain a full run down of what the course covers?

please mate

just booked a date and would like to know more of what to expect

thanks for your help

id be very intrested to find out as well

Thermo

Sponsored Links
Sorry about the delay... just moved into a new house so mega busy.
This is a rough run down of the EAL Level 2 Domestic Electrical Installer Scheme:
1 Applicable Building Regs
2 Electrical Safety Legislation, regulation standards and terminology
3 Pre Work survey/inspection
4 Safe isolation procedures
5 Identification of unsafe elctrical situations
6 Earthing and bonding requirements
7 Electrical test procedures
8 Cable and component selection
9 Installation and replacement of electrical components
10 Checking the correct and safe operaition of installed electrical components
11 Recording of electrical test results and completion of certification
12 Installing and/or rerouting cables
13 Special locations
14 New circuit requirements
15 Lighting installations
16 Maintenance
17 Supplies

These points meet all the necessary requirements for NI***C etc

Hope this is helpful, obviously some courses are running differently to ours but at least you know what you should be covering. :)

wires-crossed said:
Sorry about the delay... just moved into a new house so mega busy.
Trying to get all the electrical work done before anyone notices, no doubt.... ;) :LOL:

Don't know what ya mean !!!

All the work was scheduled before the 1st of January so it makes me exempt ;) ;) :LOL:

(ooops, posted under hubbys username)

lol forgot about this post, thanks for the reply.

Not long left now, getting more and more nervouse :( sux that i let myswlf get wond up about these kinda thing's ahh well guess i need to get used too it since this is first of many next is normal college for the others be a spark.

Wish me luck and thanks again

lol forgot about this post, thanks for the reply.

Not long left now, getting more and more nervouse :( sux that i let myswlf get wond up about these kinda thing's ahh well guess i need to get used too it since this is first of many next is normal college for the others be a spark.

Wish me luck and thanks again

Hi have you done the EAL VRQ Domestic Installers course/exam yet?

Someone will be along soon to point out to you that you are replying to posts which are nearly 3 years old.....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back