Who to register with???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys and gals :p

The time is nearly there for me to register with one of the competent schemes....But which one is best?

1.BSI STANDARDS

2.ELECSA LTD

3.NAPIT
or
4.NICEIC
Oh and a quick one ....
I have my EAL Domestic installers intermediate certificates...
Do these automatically qualify for me to register with a part P scheme?

Sponsored Links
I'm afraid you will get as many answers as there schemes.

& you left off ECA

Most people I know are with NICEIC or NAPIT

have a look at their websites to check whether you meet the entry requirements. Then which ever one you fancy it's your choice.

Most of these will allow registration on a conditional basis with EAL Level 2 VRQ for Domestic Installers qualification, NICEIC is most common and will cost you around £417 for the 1st year. Note that you are then required to nominate suitable sites for assessment which can now be done after registration. This is a conditional registration for _12months_ on their DI scheme but you will then be required to achieve 2381/2391 within the 12months. Choice is yours.....don't forget the liability insurance too.

Ooops sorry ECA :oops: Didnt forget you ....honest :evil:

Yes i have my 2381 and 2391 as well so think im just being a tight wad trying to hold onto my registration money for a lil while longer.
I also have my C&G 2377 but now i wonder just exactly why i bothered taking it :cry:
Are there many people on here that actually make many pennies for PAT testing?

Oh and does anyone have any recommendations for Insurance companies ?

Sponsored Links
Hi festa,

All I can add is my personal experience with NICEIC, who I have just passed the initial assessment with :D

In my case, the EAL Level 2 VRQ was adequate and I wasn't told I needed to obtain any other qualification.

The assessment was relatively straightforward, mainly concentrating on ensuring I knew how to test correctly, and inspecting the work that I had done - if you already have 2391 you should have no problems.

I did investigate the others but price wise they were all similar (apart from BSI who wanted extra for the kitemark) and I went with the NICEIC since they seemed to be the easiest option re warranty, etc.

Re insurance companies, you might want to try

http://www.insuremytrade.co.uk/

at least to get a quote and give you something to shop around with.

I didn't use them because I already had a broker in my other life as an IT consultant so found it cheaper to go with them, so I can't comment on their service...

Regards

Gavin

festa said:
...so think im just being a tight wad trying to hold onto my registration money for a lil while longer...

I'll say, considering the requirement for notification has been in place for two whole years. :eek:

So, you must have spent a fortune in LABC notification fees, eh? ;)

As for your question, you have to consider what you actually need.

If it's just registration to self-certify then take your pick. 'Best' depends on what other needs/preferences/prejudices you may have and only you know what those may be.

Im regeristing with NIC but am struggling to find some work that ive done for my assesment visit.

Im sure im not the only person hes been in this situation.

Has anyone else had this problem?

What can i do about it?

So, you must have spent a fortune in LABC notification fees, eh?
Oh yes....an absolute fortune...prob could have been a millionaire by now if id registered earlier.

Think ill hit the NIC website and follow up on them pretty soon as ive got a `possible` new C.U as a job,so im hoping that would do as a `BIG` job.
The `SMALL` job....what would this entail?
Could it be just a simple socket or switch replacement?.

I went for a rewire, with new CU , new outside sockets & garage supply for my assessment.

If your're going for full scope a CU change is always a good job to be assessed on as you certainly need to understand inspection & testing

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back