NICEIC, NAPIT etc...

I am a member of NAPIT on what they call the just 8 scheme, its made for semi pro's who don't carry out more than 8 notifiables a year hence the name. You still have to jump through all the same hoops as the pro's, ie test equipment, insurance, paperwork, assessor looking at test techniques at one of your jobs. Looks at quality of your work aswell. I would recommend them as it sounds like you are doing the same thing as me and doing the odd job now and then. Cost is £240 pa and insurance through swinton's was £60. All notifiables are costed at labour plus £40 to cover my direct costs. Hope this helps. If you want to talk over the phone, repost back and I will e mail phone number. I can't fault NAPIT.

Sponsored Links
Ban

Put us out of our misery: what's happening next April?

"CORGI Chief Executive, Mike Thompson said:

“We have been informed by the Health and Safety Executive that Capita has been confirmed as the preferred bidder to run the Gas Registration Scheme from April 2009. CORGI is naturally disappointed with the decision but will now work closely with the HSE and Capita to ensure a smooth transition process between scheme providers in the interests of gas safety.

“Capita is required to establish and promote a new gas safety brand. Beyond April 2009, the CORGI Group of companies will continue to provide a range of commercial services under the CORGI brand to financially support the CORGI Trust.

“It is worth reinforcing that this decision should have little or no impact on the day-to-day business of CORGI registered businesses. This decision affects the registration scheme only and will not impact on competence measurements such as the ACS scheme.

“Our focus now is to work with the HSE and Capita to maintain the profile of gas safety for installers and consumers, and to also provide guidance and support to the 300 or so current CORGI employees”.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Corgi lose out to Capita
Friday, 20 June 2008

The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) has announced that it has selected Capita as its preferred bidder to run the new registration scheme for gas installers from 1 April 2009.

This will replace the scheme currently operated by CORGI.

The main differences between the bid from Capita and CORGI the other bidder lay in their approaches to introducing innovation to the scheme, promoting gas safety and a new brand, delivering efficiencies and the continuous improvement required.

The new scheme aims to improve gas safety, and bring enhanced benefits to gas consumers and installers across Great Britain.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back