Electrical installation certificates

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I was just wondering if anybody has done the following qualification

Level 3 Award in Initial Verification and Certification of Electrical Installations

I want to progress to test and inspection course but have been recommended to do this course first.

I already have the following qualifications

Level 3 Award In Requirements for Electrical Installation BS7671: June 2008 (2011) (QCF)

and

level 2 certificate for domestic electrical installers

advice appreciated

Sponsored Links
I'm guessing this is the new 2394 which replaces 2392?

In which case the 2392 was fairly straightforward, and from what I've been told the 2394 is no harder than the 2392.

You will need to be fully clued up on T+I though to pass it

I did the 2394 exams and from what I've heard from people who also did 2391 it is harder. This is backed up by the apparent 33% national pass rate.

There are three parts to it; a 3 part practical assessment, a 20 question multiple choice exam and then the written exam. Unlike BS7671 it is all closed book, but relevant charts and figures are provided in the questions.

To pass all three you need to have very good knowledge and experience with BS7671 and GN3 as well as onsite guide and various other publications. Relating the academics to the practical elements that you deal with on a day to day basis should help things stick in your head and ultimately help you answer the questions come exam time.

Hope this helps!

Sponsored Links
PS. I take it by:

I want to progress to test and inspection course but have been recommended to do this course first.

You mean 2395, which covers the inspection of existing installations (Elecrical Installation Condition Reports)?

If so, yes, you should do 2394 then 2395 - most of the same topics are covered in 2395 as 2394, but you need to be able to report on the condition of the installation and deviations from BS7671. In a new installation, there can be no deviations.

I think some course providors run the two courses together.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back