ear wiggin

Reaction score
Country
United States
what is it? was told its when you sit back and dont join in a conversation. so....its better to run your mouth about something you dont know anything about just for the sake of being heard? :confused:

Sponsored Links
I would say it's more listening to someone's conversation that you are not a part of. For example if you're hanging around outside an office listening on the sly, then you could be said to be earwigging.

I wouldn't consider it earwigging if someone is just sitting silently and listening. I suppose it comes down to whether the people having the conversation are aware that you're listening.

to put it in context.....there is a three way conversation where i am participating..or not... depending on where you're sat. the other two are aware that i am there. it is not eavesdropping (maybe thats an american term)....i just dont have anything to say some times. ;)

to broaden the subject some what....i'd like to hear your opinions. Do you consider it rude not to say anything? Would you rather listen to someone go on endlessly talking out their elbow? Oh ....and if there is someone who doesnt talk as clearly...lets say a certain accent...where you are strugglin to understand anyway....does that make a difference? :rolleyes:

yum yum, delicious

insect_earwig.jpg
earwig.gif
Earwig.jpg

Sponsored Links
There's an old english saying that goes; Better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you're an Idiot than to open it and remove all doubt'.

When in doubt, say nowt! :LOL:

wanabechippie said:
There's an old english saying that goes; Better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you're an Idiot than to open it and remove all doubt'.

When in doubt, say nowt! :LOL:

love it.........gonna frame it. :LOL:

Back