Earth bonding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Moved in 3yrs ago and my existing bathroom and shower rooms were never earth bonded both the previous bath and shower trays were acrylic so are the new ones. Only the kitchen has earth bonding to the sink taps. as is the central heating boiler.

Do I need to add earth bonding to both shower and bathroom ?. Although the bath has mixer tap with shower hose I have also installed a separate shower cubicle. Both also have toilets and basins. We get lots of family visitors living 3miles from the sea, extravigant!!!!!, yes it is!!! now my wallet's empty.

Sponsored Links
There should be supplementary bonding in your bathroom. All metal parts should be bonded together and to the CPC of all circuits entering the bathroom.

Supplementary bonding does not go back to the main earthing terminal at the consumer unit.

See the WIKI for more info.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back