Earth leakage testing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Guys,

I wonder if any of you could offer me some advice? My module has failed in my Hotpoint WML760 so I've sourced a reconditioned on. With the board came a note suggesting I check the motor for earth leakage.

I've managed to borrow a Metrel Easitest from my wife's work but need advice on testing the motor as an individual component. I have a good basic knowledge of electrics and can use a multimeter but this tester is foreign to me. Any advice would be appreciated.

Mark

Sponsored Links
Photo of the tester might help.

This is not anything like a dmm and needs handling with care, not only danger to yoursekf but also damage to the machine can occur.

DO NOT ATTEMPT ANYTHING UNLESS YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY SURE YOY KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING!!! 500V possibly 1000V depending on the test kit.

Should have got the wife to bring the man home from work that uses it too!

It was said tongue in cheek! Though possibly necessary depending on users exp. which seems somewhat limited.

Sponsored Links
Cheers guys,

All sorted now, trial and error as it happens, gave my dog a real shock in the process but worth it in the end as the wife can do my washing now. I'd have asked the guy from my wife's work to help but he's a boring pr**k, much more fun getting advice.

Mark

Thats good!

I only commented on the guy from work as he was willing to lend the tool so would think he would be willing to help too! Pity he's so boring.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back