Metrel Easitest with insulation and continuity testing!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I’m hoping you’ll be able to offer me some advice regarding carrying out insulation and cintinuity testing on my washing machine. I have ‘borrowed’ a Metrel EasiTest tester (which I assume is suitable) while our electrical technician is away at work in the hope that I might test the motor and element on my washing machine for possible problems.

Can you confirm how the insulation test is carried out? I assume that I'm going to use the 500v setting and that one of the leads connects to the earth and the other connects to both the live and neutral pin at the same time is this correct? Does it matter which lead connects to which pin?

Likewise when testing earth continuity does it matter which lead attaches to the earth pin of the plug and which to the component being tested?

Any advice would be appreciated. in case it helps the following is printed on each lead:

Black L1 - L
Blue L2 - N
Green L3 - PE

Yours ,

J

Sponsored Links
It does not matter which way round you connect them but what is the point?

What results are you expecting to see? How will you interpret them?

If you got an insulation resistance result of 0.5M Ω what will that tell you about your washing machine?
Is that a good, or a bad result..

Edit. Also you need to be told how to use the test meter. For the Easitest you have to connect the blue and green leads together when doing continuity and INS resist testing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back