earth needed in workshop (metal container)

oops, having re read my reply and the following one it sounded as though I was having a dig which wasn't the case. V v grateful for all help. Thanks again.
Nope you're not having a dig, don't worry. I was complaining about Ban having a dig a me...!!

Sponsored Links
You've lost me there... I wasn't having a dig - I assumed you were asking about a water supply for TN-C-S export/e-c-p reasons, so I said what I did because I didn't think a s*dding great big metal box sitting on the ground needed a water supply for there to be e-c-p issues...

But no matter, as I can't see where you were then complaining anyway!

Did your factory not have a lightening protection system?
Yes There was a rod and tape down the side but I'm not sure if itworked or not as the bang seemed to echo from all over the roof perhaps the rod and tape caused a shockwave when it dealt with the strike?
It's probably more likely that as you were all very close to the strike it simply sounded extremely loud.

Huge amounts of energy are dissipated in a lightning strike, in the order of several MW/m, the air around the bolt is turned to plasma at about 10,000°, so all in all it's a pretty violent event. It can be very loud when you're several hundred metres away - if you were only tens away then I'm not surprised it rattled the roof. If it had hit it then it would have been even more "impressive".... :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back