earth question?? am i safe?

that goes to the CU (i assume)

it goes into the gap between the cellar celing and the kitchen floor and i can only assume it follows to the CU

Sponsored Links
41.jpg
Where does that cable go?

what the one with only two cores in the clamp,the one thats been melted by the plumber?

yup thats the one. my main source of earth (providing the water board havent put plastic pipes in, and they have had the streets up in recent years due to burst pipes)

think i might have to try and get pull some slack and fully clamp it myself

(just looked a little closer and this is the damage they have done to the earth cable)

http://www.arcintl.force9.co.uk/elec/20.jpg

Sponsored Links
yup thats the one. my main source of earth (providing the water board havent put plastic pipes in, and they have had the streets up in recent years due to burst pipes)
Well, there are two cables in the bonding terminals in the CU, so there's a reasonable chance that one goes to the water pipes and one goes to the gas.

So if the water board haven't replaced the pipes you'll have a TT installation but without the RCD protection that makes them safe.

Light a fire under the housing association.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back