earth rod info

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ive got to install an earth rod abroad where uk regulations dont apply
wont have access to a meter, but generally if you bang in a load of rods say 4-5... would that generaly produce a low enough reading to trip a 100mA RCD?

hypethetically, because I appreciate its impossible to know without a test meter.

but, despite the results of the OP, would it be safe to assume, generally/normally the more rods you bang in and depper you go the lower the ohm reading.

Sponsored Links
ive got to install an earth rod abroad where uk regulations dont apply
wont have access to a meter, but generally if you bang in a load of rods say 4-5... would that generaly produce a low enough reading to trip a 100mA RCD?

hypethetically, because I appreciate its impossible to know without a test meter.

but, despite the results of the OP, would it be safe to assume, generally/normally the more rods you bang in and depper you go the lower the ohm reading.

Unless you are willing to do it properly and test it you will never know, some countries install a very very long earth tape in the ground as rods will be no good due to the dryness.

true

lol, regulations in this country are so lapse its highly unlikely they even do that.

ive got to try and provide a decent neutral as well so will probably have to do that same way as the earth... posted in electrics outside of uk already.

but anything i do will be better than whats there now.

the neutral isnt neutral.. there is no earth at present, and the rod outside that provides the neutral is at a precarious 45 degree angle, isnt even copper, and cant be more than 2-3ft down.. you kick it and it even moves lol... so even less likely they have any kind of decent electrical regulations.

I want to install a submersible water pump, and their electrical stuff dont look too great eigther out there.. so decided to use an RCD and get an earth rod in there etc.

soil will be dry as its a hot country, so that alone will mean I have to go deeper.

(apoligies to the OP didnt mean to slightly hijack)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back