Earthing arrangement.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, a friend of mine has had a new meter installed. The installer said to her you need an earth.
When I looked at it there are no earth cables visible from the incoming supply casing to an earth block, nothing up to the up to the consumer unit or anything visible out to the gas/water pipes. On the side of the plastic casing, where the main fuse is, there is a metal block connector attached to the plastic casing. I've tested the continuity of this to an earth cable in the nearest socket and there there is continuity (a strong reading).

Does this mean that the metal connector block on the side of the casing is an earth supply?

I think previously, there might have been a connection via an earth rod, but I can't find one. The supply is not overhead (from what I can see).

Thanks
Mike[/b]

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Cheers, so if I borrow me mates megger tester, switch off circuit. Put tester to loop, test between live (incoming) and the block and get a reading of say 0.25 for example...i have an earth?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back