Earthing false ceiling?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I installed a false ceiling in my kitchen together with low voltage lighting before 2005. (introduction of Part P I beleive). Should I have connected the metal frame of the false ceiling to earth?

Sponsored Links
What that document doesn't consider is the case where a cowboy comes along after you and doesn't fix the cables properly. if the grid isn't earthed and it digs into a poorly fitted cable.......

Sponsored Links
So based on that argument should all joists be doubled in size just in case a cowboy comes along and drills 50mm holes everywhere?

The trouble with willy-nilly earthing is it can and does cause more problems than it solves.

So based on that argument should all joists be doubled in size just in case a cowboy comes along and drills 50mm holes everywhere?

Only if someone else is paying :D

The trouble with willy-nilly earthing is it can and does cause more problems than it solves.
Indeed, I could think of very few worse places to install a BS951 clamp... :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back