Halogen Kitchen Lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for previous advice on false ceiling cabling and live earth wire by the Ferryman.

Reading many posts on bathroom zones leaves me a little concerned and I would appreciate your advice.

The halogen lights we want to have installed will be going into a false ceiling which is partly below our bathroom. Do we need to have any special considerations? My initial though would be no as there are already cable routed under the bathroom floor for rings etc. but it wouldn't be the first time an amateur was wrong, would it?.

Sponsored Links
BS7671 does not place any restriction on wiring under bathroom floors as far as I can remember, other than the usual.
Only compliance necessary is for the room below.

Usual precautions are running cables in prescribed zones. e.g. 50mm below top of joist etc.

Sponsored Links
I see.

I'll be running cables in 2" false ceiling - below the old ceiling.

Also remember that if your lights are downlights (ie require you to make a hole in the ceiling for them to fit into) Building Regs mean that you have to fit fire hoods (or these new tumescent lights) to ensure that the integrity of the ceiling (for fire purposes) is not compromised
SB :D

sparky think you will find it hard to find that building reg. As far as i am aware it is only a reg if the building spec states them or a fire rated requirement. Although some do request anyway i dont believe it is in the actual regs.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back