False PIR switching

We live in a three storey house :)

The lighting for the top flight of stairs is done by a self contained PIR/lamp bulkhead type fitting, the kind that is often found outside, installed by the previous owner & I've never 'gotten round' to changing it to a more conventional arrangement.

This unit will often trigger at unpredictable times - sometimes during the day, sometimes in the middle of the night. I've always put this down to spikes/interference on the mains and a 'cheap' detection circuit. I guess the circuit kind of 'fails safe' ..... if in doubt - activate!

Sponsored Links
I've had my burglar alarm go off in the middle of the night and found a large spider sat on the lens of it when investigating the cause, so spiders are not an impossibility.

It is. However, some people clearly perceive a benefit in the less simple, less obvious (and less cheap) approach, even though it comes with some downsides!
Then they have a significant problem with perception.

As the OP demonstrates.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back