Earths and smart sockets.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just watched a Big Clive YouTube where he looks at why a socket was subject to recall.

It seems due to earth one left and right of a double socket not being interconnected.

He says electricians would test, however not sure I would have done. I am so use to sockets with two earth connections, connected I am not sure I would test, and would likely only use one, meaning one socket not earthed.

I would plug in the loop impedance meter, but likely only in one socket, so if in the earthed socket unlikely I would have any clue as to fault.

So what does the team think? After seeing it yes would test, but I have only just seen recall. It was TPC socket I think, but that is not the point, who tests both sockets on a double socket install?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I give full Mark's to TCP that they have issued a recall. The problem is who reads the recall.

As you say May 2022, so 18 months before I found out. OK I did not buy one, I have decided better when one can to use plug in stuff so if it goes wrong easy to replace.

But in real terms most smart devices are imported.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back