1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Easi-Fill Use by date

Discussion in 'Plastering and Rendering' started by NewShoes, 5 Dec 2016.

1. NewShoes

NewShoes

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hey all,

Need to do some filling on my walls and have a 10kg bag of Easi-Fill that is 2/3rds full. I'm sure the Use By date went out in around Aug but just wondering if, in relaity, that date is flexible and can still be used? I'm not sure what the effects of using it out of date would be.

Cheers,
    -NS

2. alan333

alan333

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I used out of date plaster for a few touch up jobs a while ago, sorry I can't remember whether it was bonding plaster or fast set (easy fill). It performed the same but started to set much quicker. It should be ok for touch up jobs, just mix enough for maybe 10 mins work at a time.

Edit... or mix up a little and see how long it takes to go off.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sponsored Links
  4. roughcaster

roughcaster

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I've used out of date plaster many times without any problems at all, but then I know It'll go off quicker, so I'm careful on which job I use it on. It's great for smaller jobs/patching etc, but you wouldn't use it on, say a large area, just in case you lose it. I wouldn't mix it with new, in-date plaster either, unless you're looking for a faster set. It's all about knowing your capabilities. Don't throw it away though, just be selective where and when you use it. Most plasterers would have the odd amount in their van etc.

5. chappers

chappers

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I've had the same bag of easifil on the go for the best part of two years now and it's still fine. Don't know how it would still perform as a full on joint filler for which it was intended, but is still fine as a decorating filler

• Like Like x 1
  6. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

7. Sponsored Links