Easicom Glow worm Combi boilers- any good?

There's a few high value boilers I'd recommend in a heart beat;
Vaillant Group Heatline
Vokera Easi-Heat
Ravenheat White Heat
Ariston Clas

Not many fancy features on these boilers, but they're reliable boilers if correctly fitted.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I've had a Glow Worm boiler for 3 years (7 year warranty). Serviced each year and no issues yet. I did re-do all the electrical wiring to it myself because the person who fitted it was a moron.

Funny, but I noticed a Easicom in a Plumbers' Merchants for £350.00 + vat including standard flue kit.

Fitted a few of the easy-heat (Vokera) and the Clas (Ariston) never had any problems with any of them A bit more costly than the Easicom, if you want to look at the other end of the scale Then look at Intergas boilers.

Sponsored Links
I listened to the presentation on the Ariston boilers at the recent trade show.

Was quite impressed by the versatility of the budget boiler.

But not by their failure to send me the promised shirt! Even after mentioning it to their rep on his follow up call after the show! It seems that I will need to call him back! Lucky that I saved his number!

They seem proud of their after sales and warranty support. After not getting the shirt yet I am not so sure!

There's a popular misconception about good value boilers; due to warranties
Very true, The.buyer has to check the warranty conditions small print with a very powerful magnifying glass and be minded the conditions could vary during ownership.

I listened to the presentation on the Ariston boilers at the recent trade show.

Was quite impressed by the versatility of the budget boiler.

But not by their failure to send me the promised shirt! Even after mentioning it to their rep on his follow up call after the show! It seems that I will need to call him back! Lucky that I saved his number!

They seem proud of their after sales and warranty support. After not getting the shirt yet I am not so sure!

I am pleased to say that I received the Ariston Jacket last week.

It is a nice Regatta brand with a bright red "Ariston" embroidered on it.

Now all I need is an Intergas tee shirt to complete my wardrobe!

Would have thought that would be the least they could do after forgetting to invite me to their Amsterdam visit.

and be minded the conditions could vary during ownership.

In some parts of the world, including Europe, boilers can be rented. The boiler is not owned by the resident be they owner occupier or tenant.

How would that be affected by changes in the warranty conditions. Would the boiler owner repair or change out defective boilers ?

Jeez... , I look after about 30 of these on a yearly bases and I will say again , there shyte and expensive to repair ;)
Just spend a couple of quid extra and there's plenty to choose;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back