ABOUT TO FIT A GLOW WORM BOILER....

Sponsored Links
maybe to late but anyway,its a poor made boiler,glowwom add many issues with it.cant say wot may get myself in trouble.as glowworn are owned by vaillant i would recommend a vaillant ecotec 831.combi.may cost abit more but well worth it.
this may help ex vaillant/glowworn engineer.

its not actually a bad boiler for the money if you ask me. Dunno what problems they are supposed to have had, I've dealt with these boilers and they seem ok.. Its a pretty standard design. Take the case off 80% of band B boilers and they all look the same with the same parts. If its properly installed onto a clean system it should be fine.

Thanks for replying guys. I would be interested to know what specific probs you know of if you could tell me in more detail. Please feel free to gget technical - my plumber talked me through every step of the install so I understand how my system works now, so please feel free to get technical if you have any stories to tell.

We had to mount the boiler away from where it originally was due to uncovering some dodgy masonry, and as a result I have mentally mapped the piping system in the house. There are far less now I havea combi.

If too sensitive to post, please send me a private message if that is possible?....

Install went well, and all working well, touch wood. I suppose time will tell 'eh!

Thanks - Corny

Sponsored Links
Whats the CO² percentage in the flue gases ?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back