Easiklip solid wood flooring very creaky!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We're having a nightmare with some solid oak flooring we had installed about 10 months ago - its "easiklip" floor, the boards are clipped together and floating on an underlay. Basically, the floor creaks and moans all over the place, it's absolutely maddening. We just paid someone to take it up and level the subfloor (I assumed that was the culprit), and although in some places its better now, in some places it's even worse. I don't know what to do, I'm wondering if the subfloor is still not level (there does seem to be some bouncing in the worst ares), or if the floor is just rubbish.

I'm going to pull it up myself, and I'm not sure whether to focus on the subfloor, or maybe try gluing the wood back instead of clipping (hoping that might stop the creaks).

Has anyone any experience with this floor or any advice?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Was an adequate expansion gap left around the perimeter of the room. What material is the subfloor, wood or concrete?

Was an adequate expansion gap left around the perimeter of the room. What material is the subfloor, wood or concrete?

The joiner that came the second time made sure there was a decent 10 mil gap, so that should be OK. It's a concrete subfloor, and I've got quite thick underlay panels from b&q down underneath.

Sponsored Links
Just had a look at the easiklip installation video and they suggest 15mm expansion gap. Are you able to remove a skirting board/beading to have a look at what expansion gap has been left?
Is there any damp coming up through the concrete floor which may cause the wood to expand?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back