Easy question for the learned!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i was wondering if i can use my dell charger to charge this dyson battery without harming it long term. i notice that the requirements of the battery are different to what the charger can provide but am not sure if its a big deal.

help please?!

charger.jpg

dyson battery.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Is it a charger for Li-ion batteries?

The voltage is wrong anyway.

yes its a charger for li-on batteries. re. voltage, it's lower but what does that mean for how it will charge the battery/hold charge/any battery damage?

Sponsored Links
Does that one say anywhere that it is a charger for a 22.2V Li-Ion battery pack?

Is there something wrong with Plan B - buy the proper charger?

im going to do that now. the reason was that its so expensive.

ok, had no idea. thanks for letting me know. im going to pick a genuine one up tonight. thanks for your help again.

The thing is, a Li-Ion battery charger is a great deal more sophisticated than a straightforward power supply.

There was a time when it would irk me hearing reference to mobile phone chargers to mean the plug in power supply*, but it seems even more of a universal term now, even though they are now nothing more than a USB cable, and if you are lucky come with a 5V plug in power supply that has a basic system of signalling to the target device the maximum safe current draw...

* I suppose its possible back 15-20 years ago, that the odd one was actually a Ni-Mh charger in its own right, and anyway, the actual charging circuit was likely to be pretty straight forward compared to what is needed today with unstable cells containing lithium

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back