Easy radiator/pump q.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The radiator pump is upstairs in the bathroom cupboard and is set to level 1 (the lowest of 3 levels) and the downstairs radiator (the furthest from the pump) is half warm/half cool. It does not need bleeding as it is the TOP half that is WARM and the bottom that is cool. Does this indicate that perhaps the water is already cooling by the time it reached this furthest radiator due to the pump being only set at level 1? It has always been set at that point so I've left it but would changing it to level 2 give send the water around the system a bit quicker and thus by the time it reached this radiator, still be warm?
Or do I need a new radiator?

Sponsored Links
but would changing it to level 2 give send the water around the system a bit quicker and thus by the time it reached this radiator, still be warm?

try it and see :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

last rad make sure the lockshield is fully open ;)

phil1963 said:
The radiator pump is upstairs in the bathroom cupboard and is set to level 1 (the lowest of 3 levels) and the downstairs radiator (the furthest from the pump) is half warm/half cool. It does not need bleeding as it is the TOP half that is WARM and the bottom that is cool. Does this indicate that perhaps the water is already cooling by the time it reached this furthest radiator due to the pump being only set at level 1? It has always been set at that point so I've left it but would changing it to level 2 give send the water around the system a bit quicker and thus by the time it reached this radiator, still be warm?
Or do I need a new radiator?

Faster pump speed could work. As a general rule radiators warm at top and cold at bottom means possible sludge build up causing blockage. You could remove rad and flush through out side with hose.

Try it and see.

Sponsored Links
I did and it now works perfectly after a year of idleness - many thanks...what a marvellous web-site this is for us DIY-phobes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back