Easy radiator query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My house is five years old.
The ground floor thermostat is on the wall in the wide hallway. Behind the hallway is a large kitchen which has NO thermostat in it.
The door to the front room is usually closed and in this room is a radiator with NO thermostat on it, so it can't be turned down... but in the morning the radiator gets quite hot.
If I left the front room door open, to allow the heat from the radiator to reach the thermostat in the hallway and down to the kitchen would this stop the thermostat in the hallway crying out for heat and thus stop the radiator in the front room from emitting so much heat?

Sponsored Links
My house is five years old.
The ground floor thermostat is on the wall in the wide hallway. Behind the hallway is a large kitchen which has NO thermostat in it.
The door to the front room is usually closed and in this room is a radiator with NO thermostat on it, so it can't be turned down... but in the morning the radiator gets quite hot.
If I left the front room door open, to allow the heat from the radiator to reach the thermostat in the hallway and down to the kitchen would this stop the thermostat in the hallway crying out for heat and thus stop the radiator in the front room from emitting so much heat?
Yes, that's how I fine-tune mine, even though I have TRVs. Works OK. You could also consider throttling the front room rad.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back