Radiator valves, question

Remember that sludge (the nasty stuff that blocks and corrodes) is in the whiole heating system, not just the rads. So, if you replace rads you still need to clean the system.

No issues with what JohnD advocates, just a power flush is exactly that, a motorised pump uses hot water and chemicals to clean system (and boiler by definition) and will clean the system more efficiently. JohnD's solution would not work in a combi solution (no header tank etc) You can still flush through a combi but we are getting into serious DIYer territory.

In short, if you replace some/all of the rads the system will need cleaning.....and inhibiting afterwards.....else your shiny new rads will sludge up

Thank you. Might just go and get a few radiators replaced and then flushed to make sure it is very clean :D

Sponsored Links
we have advice on how to mains-flush a sealed system somewheer. i will see if I can find the link.

I still recommend doing your best to clean it yourself before you splash out on a powerflush. X400 and a Magnaclean can make a big difference as long as you have not got a blockage (yet)

Edited:
Here we are:
Plumbing
FAQs
No. 5

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=37170&start=0

You may find some of the other FAQs useful too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back