Wireless Thermostatic Radiator Valves and wireless thermostats

5. Zigbee can use mesh networking. Does this mean Wiser is lacking in this respect? I am interested because my house is large and the TRVs will not reach the hub.

6. Is the hub wired to the boiler? Or is there another box next to the boiler? Because then I could put the hub in the "middle" of the house to allow it to reach all TRVs.
5. Wiser zigbee can operate in a mesh. The mains powered devices act as repeaters. Wiser is a closed zigbee network.
6. The hub is generally wired to the boiler but can also be wired into the heating wiring centre.

Sponsored Links
The vertical radiators have the input and output on their sides. The 15mm pipes will come out of the wall. I have identified I need a "corner" radiator valve, but on the photo it looks like it would be fitted only on the right hand side of the radiator, because if on the left it's be facing downwards?

2023-12-11 22_05_08-DuraTherm Corner Black Thermostatic Radiator Valve Pack - 15mm.jpg

The vertical radiators have the input and output on their sides. The 15mm pipes will come out of the wall. I have identified I need a "corner" radiator valve, but on the photo it looks like it would be fitted only on the right hand side of the radiator, because if on the left it's be facing downwards?
The silver bits with the screw threads are the radiator 'tails'...
Screenshot_20231211-221015_Chrome.jpg

These attach to the radiator.

The lock shield and valve, can then join to the tail through either of their ports - just imagine that the nut in the above picture was coated black, instead of chrome.

Ah thanks, I see it now, it is black and I could not see well, and thought the radiator side port was different but they are both compression fittings with a nut and olive, and a "radiator tail" attachment.

All I need to find now is the lockshield+ drain system, so that I can drain and remove a radiator without draining the whole system.

Sponsored Links
As I am buying a new system, which make/model thermostatic radiator valves should I buy? Because I will then have to throw away the head and install the Wiser valves anyway. Sounds like a waste of money.
You can just buy myson trv bodies.
Dunno about other brands tho

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back