Easy trim dry fix on hip - uneven appearance of ridge tiles.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello.

I have used Easy Trim on my roof hips.

I have used Marley modern ridge tiles down the hip.

the roof tiles are redland renown concrete tiles.

the job looks pretty good. The hip tiles are straight, but not all smooth and flush along their tops.

this is due to them not sitting nicely on the concrete tiles.

Some hips sit on the high spots of the tiles, and some finish on the lower profiles of the tiles, therefore, when I screw the plastic fixings down, some hips pull down further, giving an uneven finish.

what am I doing wrong?

should I be cutting the hip/ridge tiles shorter so that they always sit on the high spots? Or do I wedge something in underneath so that they always finish flush?

many help would be appreciated!

thanks

Sponsored Links
Perfect!

that’s what I need!!!

had completely overlook and missed these!!
I’ll get shopping right away!

thanks again!

Sponsored Links
I just bought some a few weeks ago, cheapest I could find including delivery was on eBay. They're pretty good, but when I watched one of the manufacturers videos (I think it was Redland) they seemed to use a much more rigid fibreglass one than the plastic ones I used). Personally I find the world of roofing to be one of the most resistant areas to DIY - the products and materials available seem very much for professional use, and assume a fair amount of knowledge and experience.

This is what they look like in action if you can't quite picture it:

IMG_20210513_131852951.jpg

IMG_20210513_131855281.jpg

If you haven't got hip end tiles there's a plastic thing you can buy to fill in the gap as well.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back