Easy way to fit TRVs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We live in a victorian terrace which has a 'heating imbalance'!

The kitchen and diner is open plan and has two very large rads in. It also contains the thermostat. As a result the thermostat turns the heating off before the front room and upstairs have got to a comfortable temp.

I'm going to put the thermostat into the front room but the problem is that the kitchen/diner will then be roasting hot because of the large rads.

I understand that I need TRVs on these rads so that I can turn them down with respect to the rest of the system.

We have just had a new combi boiler installed and I want to know if there is an easy way of installing TRVs without draining the system?

Freezing seems a good idea but quite expensive.

Any ideas??

Cheers,

Chris

Sponsored Links
Turn the isolating valves off under the boiler release the pressure from bleed screw or drain cock till water flow stops , usually a couple of pints. Vacum is then formed tighten back up whatever you used.
Then change valve.

Might be worth asking your installer why he did not fit TRV's when he changed the boiler as he should have done to comply with the Building Regs.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back