Easy way to get air out?

that's my next option. problem is all my taps are fancy shapes so i'll need to experiment with some cable ties and bike inner tubes to make seal. spent about an hour sucking air out from the upstairs and broke my dingy pump trying.

the water flows for a few seconds then stop. there's a tonne of air coming out so i don't think anything is blocked.

I'm just not getting enough head sucking the upstairs taps.

Sponsored Links
Right. Blimin fixed it. No amount of sucking was working, so I isolated the pump connected the feed in, end to a hose which handily had the right thread on, mains water on the other end gently turned it on 20 secs later glug, blurp from the loft left it another 20 seconds. Put it all back together and hot water flowed.

Sponsored Links
medium ? approx 15m x 20m 5 bed. But the plumbing has to meander around several large steel beams that hold the upstairs up. Its all open plan downstairs apart from the front room , hall and loo

medium ? approx 15m x 20m 5 bed. But the plumbing has to meander around several large steel beams that hold the upstairs up. Its all open plan downstairs apart from the front room , hall and loo
just wondered as normally sucking on the tap 99% of the time works on 2 or 3 bed house , thats why it maybe didn't work because of the size of your home but i have been successful in majority of time with your size of home thou . anyway glad you got it sorted thou

For some reason that didn't work, I assume somewhere between the loft tank and the kitchen tap there must be a non return valve. As everytime I did the cupping hands thing, even with a trickle, it eventually backed up and pushed off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back