Eathware gully

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My patio has one Glazed earthenware gully, this is presently used to remove rainwater from the garage roof and also has two waste pipe that take away sink waste water and washing machine waste water. The gully was built over when an extension was built I would estimate from records about 30 years ago. I have just removed the concrete on the patio and I am going to replace it with block paving or slabs. Looking at it the pipe from the kitchen sink is unsightly and runs from the front of kitchen around the wall along the side into the gully. I thought I could install a new plastic gully and then run the underground pipework to the existing gully. I dug down around the old gully and could see that the collar was situated right inside the foundation of the kitchen extension. Not so easy I thought. How would I go about adding a new gully to the old system.I thought that if the underground pipework had run straight I could have used a rubber collar but now seeing the run I am dubious.
I would be grateful of any suggestions.

Sponsored Links
All old salt glaze pipes can be adapted to suit plastic fittings. The hard bit is establishing the risk element, i.e. whether it is worth risking breaking the pipe and creating a much bigger job.

Yours looks lie a back inlet gully, which is likely to have a male fitting on the back therefore the bit buried under the extension will be female. Not good.

It is do-able but you may need make a big hole!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back