Moving a gully

13 Mar 2013
Reaction score
United Kingdom
I live in a 1920s end terrace. I need to relocate the gully that collects water from the kitchen and bathroom.

Currently it is situated right on the corner of the rear of the house and it's top I.e. where the grid cover goes on the top of the gully, is about 4inches below the patio level.

I need to relocate it to the alleyway at the side of the house. The ground level of this alleyway is approx 12 - 15 inches directly above the height of the current grid cover/gully top edge.

Is there a quick fix for this job? I.e. not having to dig half ground up!

I'm thinking can the new gully drop it's water into the old (clay pipe) gully then seal around the join between the new gully pipe and the old gully?

I've seen a thing called an "underground drainage bottle gully square top adapter" and though that could be adapted for this purpose but I don't know if there is any problem with my theories and wishful thinking?
Sponsored Links
Gully traps eventually require cleaning out, so for this reason alone i think you need to get the shovel out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links