eccentric foundations / protruding footings

5 Jan 2004
Reaction score
United Kingdom
Our neighbours had planning permission passed using 'eccentric foundations' for their single storey extension. now we have received a party wall agreement form which says 'protruding footings'. I have found examples of eccentric foundations but am i right in thinking protruding footings are different? I cant find any examples. We were told eccentric foundations would not encroach on our land but the latest letter says excavation work means fence needs to be removed. As I cant find the examples i came here to ask the experts!
Lisa :D
Sponsored Links
Whilst the footings themselves may not encroach, indeed cannot without you permission legally, they may require disruption for enabling works.
You are quite right to seek advice prior to the works commencing and you want to have in writing that ALL will be put back to existing, once the works are finished. And just a note; at no cost to you.
If there is anything you would consider could improve your side of the bargain, so to speak, now is the time to negotiate. Anything that any reasonable person would consider fair...pinenot
Yes I think we need in writing which fence posts are being removed, and when they will be reinstated. We have a toddler and the fence is behind his playhouse. The gravel boards support the patio as it about two gravel boards high. i am concern for the safety of my children using the playhouse when the patio support have been removed and the safety of them going into the work area so want the fence reinstated straight away not at the end of the build. Is this fair to ask. Could we also request they put some safety screening to stop my children getting into their garden. (The chances of this are minimal as they are never out my sight but the could trip and fall etc) would actually prefer a wall to be built instead of using gravel boards but think this would be too much to request! we were unable to do this when we had the fence done as their hedge was in the way and we have no boundary markers so hard to determine where it should be built.
Sponsored Links
As I have already stated, you can request whatever [any reasonable person] woks done that you feel are required. These are part of the overall building works and come under the title 'enabling works' just put everything in writing, then allow your neighbors the chance to get the works done as expediently as possible...pinenot

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local