eco friendly loft insulation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi - have a loft i need to insulate, was thinking it would be nice to do it with environmentall friendly insulation like sheeps wool or paper.

Need something that does not fly around though (i.e. little pellety things).

Does anyeone know if this is beneficial to fibre glass, have just been quoted the latter for around 1/4 of the price of eco friendly ones. this is 75mm thick - is this sufficient?

Sort of want to be good, but at same time the money for glassfibre is very much cheaper. does glassfibre get stuck to you after has been laid down (i.e. when installing people have been and gone). hate the stuff but if it is ok unless you touch it then might consider instead

:)

thanks and sorry for ramblings

Sponsored Links
If you havent already got Fiberglass insulation, then forget about it.... for a start the 75mm you are talking about needs to be at least twice the thicknes, its messy and itchy.

What kind of roof area is it going into? size? etc...

Many alternative options, depending on your structure

i reckon it's about 10-20 m2 have to check this weekend.

The middle of the loft is boarded - used for storing usual junk but yet to be very full (hasn't got much in it at the moment), i don't know if that part has any insulation underneath. Each side of the boarding in the middle is uninsulated. the whole loft floor i think is about 50m2. (i can easily stand up in it - is huge for a flat :)

As far as i remember there is some sort of covering on inside of roof and hasn't yet howled a gale when i've been up there.

Am also going to check what's happening under boards, but it's the other bits that i want to cover first.

Thank you for response!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back